Great House

Great House
Sunsets, Stars, and R&R Also, enjoy my collections of food, wine, and design links and blogs that I love.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The "R" word--Resolutions

Ok, I was reminded today that I have not blogged in a month.  Some how a full house all through the holidays took on a life of its' own.  Lots of food, fun, delightful guests who are now new friends, and many bottles of wine.  Decorations up--decorations down.....the Charlie Brown tree was loved by all. 

So now I must discuss the "r" word.  I don't make resolutions except for the one that has to do with running the Lazy T.  I am pouring my heart and soul into 2011 to make this the best year.  The Lazy T has only been open for 2 years and 3 months.  The first 9 months don't really count because I wasn't on site full time to make it happen.  However, 2010 was a good year despite the economy.  This year I have a list of improvements to make every guests' experience better than ever before.  I resolve that the Great Hall will get a big upgrade through HVAC improvements, furniture additions, and a kitchen upgrade.  That is all a big challenge but WILL be accomplished.  Outside there will be the additions of a large fountain, more landscaping and improved lighting.  The BIG excitement for me is going to be the addition of a garden filled with herbs, tomatoes, garlic, and all things that I can use in the making of my Texas sized breakfasts.  Of course this fabulous garden will have to be Deer fenced so we get to enjoy it and not them.  AND in front of the garden will be the addition of a sunset watching patio!  I am really excited about this.  So you can see I have set a lot of goals for myself this year, and they are all goals to create a more pleasurable experience for you at the Lazy T.  Tell me what you think of my plans.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment